Monday, March 3, 2014

Butterfly Girl Canvas

Hi guys! Here's some pics on my latest canvas. It's called Butterfly Girl.  I'm using inspirations from my Inspirations for March Pinterest board.  Every month I'm going to pin colors and themes that will inspire my work for that month. I started off with watercolors on all sides of the canvas.  On the background I used a transfer technique where I glue an image on one side of pattern paper to the canvas and then, with water, rub off the other side of the paper.  If you don't know this technique leave a comment and I'll do a tutorial on it.  On top of that I added some washi tape and lace then sprayed the canvas.  Then I used my latest Heidi Swapp stencil with some modeling paste and purple paint


The girl is a rubber stamp I picked up from Michael's by Penny Black. I stamped her with black ink and used clear embossing powder.  Then I used watercolor pencils to color her.  Around her and through the flowers I ran some cheese cloth for a little more texture


The flowers are all from Recollections, mostly their Simply Pastel line.  And the butterflies are from Prima which I picked up from Hobby Lobby




If you have questions or want to know more please leave me a comment or check out my video on this canvas at youtube/user/RandisCrafts.


Submitted to the following blog challenges:
L = Lace, P = Penny Black Stamp, C = Canvas

Thanks for stopping by xoxo Randi



No comments:

Post a Comment