Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mom Card Using Vinyl

Challenge #9: Anything Goes + Vinyl





How do you use Vinyl? On a paper craft project? On a window or car? Show us your latest vinyl creations no matter what the form or format. 

Codes: M, 3E, C10



Sponsor:
We are tremendously lucky to have CricketVinyl Supplies as our sponsor. 





The design-team-chosen winner of our challenge will receive a $10 gift certificate to CricketVinyl, and a random chosen winner will receive a $5 gift certificate to CricketVinyl. With multiple ways to win, make sure to enter the maximum number of times: 3. 


Need supplies, CricketVinyl is offering our participants a 15% off discount! Just use the following discount code: scrapbookerphd








Mom Card Using Vinyl

Hi guys!  Here is my Design team project for ScrapbookerPhD.blogspot.com.  Faith has given me my first Design Team opportunity and I'm so excited to be joining her and the rest of the DT.  The challenge this month is to use vinyl, which I did on this Mom card.  Below is a description of how I made the card and how I used vinyl in some of my elements.  I really hope that everyone can join us on this challenge.



The base card is 5x5 and made out of white card stock paper.  The pattern papers I used are from a 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye.  I inked the edges of all the papers with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Tattered Rose.  All of the blue embellishments are made with vinyl.  This includes the MOM speech bubble, the trim at the top and bottom of the card, and the heart in the bottom right hand flower cluster .  The vinyl was white but to fit my project I colored it with Tim Holtz alcohol inks.  Then I cut the shapes out with my Cricut die cutting machine.  The flowers are from Recollections and my local dollar store.  I plan on giving this card to my mommy, probably for Mother's Day :)

Thanks for stopping by :) Let me know if you have any questions or comments xoxo Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment